Wednesday, June 13, 2007

No, I didn't drop of the face of the earth!

Hi folks! Yeah, I know it's been quite a while. Where have I been you ask? Well, mostly I've been busy with work, running, and getting out and enjoying the summer. It's hard to sit down in front of the computer to read the news and reply to emails when it's so nice out. It's almost impossible to sit here for long enough to write a blog post!

So the smaller things first -

Work has been good. I'm learning how to do the bookkeeping. Which will get me off the floor a little bit more, which I'm 100% ok with. It's been going well though. I really like all (three) of my co-workers, which is really nice. It's a lot of fun most days.

It's been great to hang out with friends more often lately. There have been lots of cook outs, and dinners, and get-togethers of all sorts. I'm really looking forward to having next Monday and Tuesday off though. Two whole days with nothing to do! It sounds like some foreign type of heaven to me!
For example, this was my last weekend -
Friday night - Up to Montreal to see Ferry Corsten. Which was a really great time, and something I really needed. I find raves to be very therapeutic in a lot of ways. I think that music as as close as we can get to the Divine, so dancing all night is this wonderful release for me.
Saturday - Leave the rave at 10 am, go get breakfast in Montreal, get home in the afternoon, sleep for a couple of hours, then downtown for JazzFest. The original intention was to see the Skatallites, but we overslept. :( It was still very fun though!
Sunday - Get up at a reasonable hour, go and run my first 5K, and then have a cook out that afternoon / evening, fall asleep on the couch watching a movie with friends.
So as you can see, my weekends have been busy. My weekdays seem to have become quite busy too!

Yes, you did read my Sunday events right! I ran my first 5K on Sunday, it it was actually a lot of fun! It was a benefit for the Humane Society, which made it seem even more right that it be my first race. The weather was beautiful for a run, and I did much better than I thought I would. Of course, this means that I'm going to have to work even harder now to beat my time during my next race. What was that time you ask? Just under 28 minutes, unofficially. The official times still haven't been posted, but since I'm confident in my ability to read, I'd say it's safe to go with the unofficial time. Thanks again to Karen, Marc, Ravyn, Jon and LeeAnn for their donations. The animals also say thank you, I'm sure! My next race will probably be the Williston Fun Run, in the beginning of July. Well, that's not counting the Catamount Tuesday Night Trail Series 5Ks. Those are a bit more informal, but still a lot of fun.

Well, that's it for now. I've got to get to work. I'll try to post a bit more regularly. Really I will. Maybe it will stick this time! Well, one can always hope, right?

Oh, one last thing- I want to read this book, just because of the author's clever web page .

No comments: