Wednesday, May 17, 2006

tattoos

1. How many tattoos do you have?
One, but it's sizable

2. When did you get your first tattoo?
2001

3. What was your first tattoo?
It's a butterfly. yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking. But it has huge personal significance to me, the shape of the wings, the colors, the designs in the eye spots, all of it.

4. Which tattoo is closest to your heart (not in a literal sense... I mean as far as emotional attachment goes)?
Well, having one makes that pretty easy, huh?

5. Do you have a matching tattoo with someone?
nope

6. Do you have a tattoo that someone fucked up?
Nope. I waited until I could go to a skilled professional.

7. Do you have anyone's name tattooed on you?
Hells no!

8. What was the most painful tattoo you received?
Again, having just one(for now) makes that pretty easy, huh?

9. Have you ever cried during a tattoo?
Nope

10. Have you ever had to have a tattoo artist stop in the middle of a session because it was just too painful?
I'd like to quote Joe Boo on this one- "Wouldn't that make it the end of the session?" And, no.

11. Do you have a tattoo that you constantly have to explain to people because no one can tell what the hell it is?
Nope. Again, I waited until I could go to a skilled professional

12. Have you ever gotten an infection from a tattoo?
Nope. I actually kept it clean and took care of it after I got it. And I went to a reputable shop instead of getting it down in some dirty, shady back room place that doesn't sterilize their equipment & tools!

13. What is the longest session you've ever sat straight through?
About 4 hours

14. What is the biggest tattoo that you have and how long did it take altogether?
Again, having just one (for now) makes that pretty easy, huh? 8 hours in so far, 2 more to go.

15. Have you ever gotten a tattoo of something just because it was funny or shocking?
Nope. It's kinda permanent to get something for the shock value, don't you think?

16. Do you have any unfinished projects on you right now?
Well, my butterfly needs a little more work. Also, it's going to be a full back piece someday...

17. What is the most you've ever spent on a tattoo?
Well, I can tell you that Bald Bill works for no less than $125 an hour. (He is a very talented artist, so yes, it is worth it!) I have 8 hours so far, about 2 more to go. You do the math.

18. Has anyone (i.e. parents or girlfriend/boyfriend) gotten pissed at you when you got a tattoo?
My mom was surprised, but knew that since I was a grown up I was going to do my own thing!

19. Do you have any tattoos in places that most people don't get to see unless they see you naked?
Nope

20. Do you have any people tattooed on you?
Nope

21. Are you worried about what your tattoos will look like when you get old?
Not even a little

22. Do you regret having gotten any of your tattoos?
Nope

23. Would you consider ever getting any of your tattoos removed?
If I don't regret them, why would I remove them?

24. I know this is a hard one, but what is your favorite tattoo?
Again, having just one(for now) makes that pretty easy, huh?

No comments: