Tuesday, December 12, 2006

New Poetry

I know that it's been a while since I've posted anything that I've written. Everything has just been too scattered lately for me to finish anything. I have a bunch of half finished poems, and maybe even a story idea in the works. There will probably be a whole flood of stuff in the next couple of months, once things are a little calmer.

I wasn't going to post this one yet. I had originally thought that it needed more editing. The more I look at it though, the more I think that anything I do to it will only take away from it. So here it is, in its final form. Enjoy!


I'll light down at your side
an angel in the dark of night
I'll fold back my wings,
bring you to my secret places

I'll draw lines of starlight
along your body
with my tongue
and my small hands

until I am the only thing
remaining in your sight
and you (all I want to see)
are the only thing in mine

No comments: